Friday, 22 March 2019 12:51

Jury Convicts Second Man in Fatal Holdup

March 22, 2019 – A 31-year-old man has been convicted of first-degree murder and other charges involving a 2015 attack on two men outside a residence near Southern and Lamar, said Shelby County Dist. Atty. Gen. Amy Weirich.
Defendant Michael Wilson was automatically sentenced to life in prison. He also was convicted of attempted second-degree murder, possession of a firearm in the commission of a dangerous felony and aggravated robbery. He will be sentenced on those convictions next month by Criminal Court Judge Paula Skahan.
The victim, Dyrell Sims, 33, was shot at least seven times in the holdup that occurred shortly before 6 p.m. on Aug. 18, 2015, in the 900 block of Oakview. He died at a hospital two days later.
Investigators said Wilson and another man, Antonio Robinson, 22, robbed the victims, killing Sims and firing shots at the other man who ran for cover.
Robinson was convicted earlier this month of criminally negligent homicide, aggravated robbery and facilitation to commit aggravated assault. He will be sentenced next month.
The case was handled by Asst. Dist. Attys. Theresa McCusker and Jen Morris.